For those of you who don’t know…I went to Hawaii for my honeymoon!! My husband and I had an incredible time that we both will never forget! My husband has been to Hawaii a few times prior however, I was exploring it for the first time. There are truly endless things to do in Oahu and it can be a bit overwhelming if you don’t go with an itinerary for your stay. So, I am going to share with you all our favorite things to do on the Island of Oahu! Hope you enjoy and find it helpful! Aloha 🙂
WHAT WE DID IN OAHU
- First off, get a rental car. It is a must…The island of Oahu is large so you will not be able to see all it has to offer without a car. Another benefit of having a car is the lookout spots that pop up as you drive. One of my favorites was the Lanai Lookout! We got breathtakingly beautiful photos there…AND we found it just be driving on Kalanianaole Highway! This is just one of the many lookout stops we took.
- Hanauma Bay Nature Preserve is the best place to snorkel on the island! If you get there before 7 am in the morning you get in for free AND you beat the large crowds!! My husband loved the fish and water life, and cannot wait to do it again!!!
- SHAVE ICE…Hawaii is famous for their shave ice, and they aren’t kidding around when they say this! Jordan and I had it every day, sometimes even twice…
- One of my most favorite things we did was hike Diamond Head, the views are absolutely beautiful…The hike is about 2 miles in total up and back. The walk also shows glimpses into the geological and military history of Diamond Head.
- Now to my most favorite thing to do…Kualoa Ranch!!! We only took one tour which was the movie tour and there we got to see where Jurassic park, lost, and other films were filmed. The valley of the ranch was breathtakingly gorgeous! They have several other tours that Jordan and I wanted to do so bad, but ran out of time.
- Dole Plantation! Jordan and I LOVED this. We took a train tour of the whole plantation which was just beautiful. Then, we went into the world’s largest maze…you have to do this if you are on the island! It was so fun 🙂 Then we had the famous dole whip, which is pineapple ice cream with pineapple chunks on top…pure heaven!!
- While we were on the island we stayed on Waikiki beach which is the most popular beach on the island. However, make sure to visit the other beaches! We loved Kailua and Lanikai which are known for its crystal blue waters and white sand. Also, check out Makapuu Beach which sits below the Makapuu Lighthouse on a slope between the cliffs and lava rocks that have large tide pools! And then make a stop by Waimea Bay, it is notorious for its winter waves, and during the summer its a great swimming and snorkeling place!
Subscribe for updates when I post! 🙂